You are here
Visibility into what's driving the U.S. crude oil markets, with insight into critical pipelines supplying & servicing key storage hubs, production basins & refineries
Be the first to know about major pipeline shutdowns, start-ups, and flow changes
With Genscape’s Mid-Continent Pipeline Service, traders and analysts can see, in near-real time, pipeline flows in and out of key storage hubs, production basins, and refineries. Using its proprietary energy monitoring technology, aerial photography, and industry expertise, Genscape provides indispensable fundamental data before any other provider in the market.
When bundled with the Cushing Crude Oil Storage Report, clients also receive a copy of the Cushing Balance Supplement Report, which includes analysis and discussion of pipeline flow dynamics as they pertain to Cushing storage inventories. Dual subscribers are also granted access to the Genscape Cushing Balance desk on the ICE Chat platform, with direct access to data and market analysts specializing in Mid-Continent pipelines and Cushing storage trends.
Delivery: Alerts (Email, SMS, or through your ICE IM platform), PDF reports, Genscape’s Oil Intelligence Dashboard
Frequency: Real-time, daily (8:30 am ET), weekly (Mondays, 9:00 am ET)
Locations: North America
Subscribe: Call + 1 866 292 8060
You are here
Genscape's Mid-Continent Pipeline Service clients receive:
- Daily Mid-Continent Pipeline PDF report, emailed at 8:30am ET, providing summary information of the previous day's pipeline flows and alert history
- Pipeline Intelligence reports sent via email as events on the ground warrant an update, including expert commentary, granular data, and supplementary images
- Half-hourly updates in Genscape's pipeline flow dashboard for flows on more than two dozen critical pipelines supplying storage hubs and refineries
- Downloadable pipeline data in 30-minute, daily, weekly, and monthly increments
- Historical regulatory data on monitored and unmonitored pipelines
You are here
Benefits of the Mid-Continent Pipeline Service:
- Calculate implied storage numbers for the key crude oil storage facilities in the United States
- Identify operational supply chain impacts and refinery operational changes when you know where and when oil flow is slowing, picking up, or halted
- Feed internal models with Genscape and regulatory data for more thorough market analysis
- Make more informed trading decisions with near-real-time pipeline flow updates, unavailable anywhere else
- Access real-time alerts on significant pipelines events through Genscape or your existing ICE IM platform
You are here
How pipeline data is collected
Genscape uses proprietary technology to monitor the power flows on power lines feeding electricity to pumping stations on oil pipelines. This is the same proven strategy and patented technology that Genscape has used to monitor power plants and transmission since 2002. The Genscape power monitors are placed near the power lines but not in the right of way of the utility. The monitors are self-powered, non-contact devices which measure electromagnetic fields generated by the power lines. Using proprietary algorithms, these EMF measurements are transformed into power flow data.
How does the power consumption data relate to flow?
The flow rate model takes into account the elevation gain or loss between a monitored pumping station and the next station downstream. That elevation change and the power usage are used to estimate the pressure differential between the output side of the first pumping station and the input side of the next station downstream. The pressure change calculations take hard limit parameters (minimum and maximum pressure) into account.